The world is experiencing an unprecedented crisis which is impacting on everyone in all forms of life. GHS has a duty to protect the health and safety of all of our staff and we continue to monitor the daily updates and information about the global COVID-19 outbreak. In light of this GHS have taken extraordinary measures to ensure we protect our employees while safeguarding our ability to continue to provide important aviation services to all of our clients who provide humanitarian assistance to millions of people in one of the most vulnerable regions in Africa.
We have established a COVID-19 working group that have identified areas that we consider critical to our ability to provide services. This working group monitors day to day events and makes recommendations and changes to the preparedness plan that has been implemented to counter the effect of the pandemic on our business.
GHS foremost goal is to:
- Remain fully operational with limited effect on our ability to provide emergency services to our clients.
- Continue to respond to all requests, enquiries, and tenders as usual.
- To protect the health of all our staff and clients personal we deal with and to work as a focussed, dedicated team to overcome the impact and spread of COVID-19.
We understand the enormous impact and critical nature of the situation however we remain committed to providing the safe and superior service our customers have come to expect of our company. GHS have taken the following protective measures following the guidance of the WHO and the Robert-Koch Institute in Germany:
- All crews carry out a personal risk assessment before going into mission and undergo self-isolation before commencing a tour of duty.
- Enforced increased hygiene measures in the office, at home and in the mission location.
- Encouraging all staff to change their lifestyle and behavioral conduct and carry out the following;
- Wash your hands frequently
- Maintain Social Distancing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Immediately seek medical attention in the event you develop a fever, cough and have difficulty breathing.
- GHS have implemented a “work from home” office concept where this is possible with GHS ensuring everyone has telephonic and internet connectivity.
GHS appreciates that this situation remains very dynamic and continues to evolve and we will continue to provide updates to the preparedness plan and do everything we can to manage and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, with the safety of our employees and our clients in mind.
GHS is a disciplined, strong team that will work together and act decisively to overcome these difficult and challenging times.